|Responsibilities: || |
ROE 3 is seeking to fill the position of Technology Director. This position’s home office will be located at our Vandalia office. Successful applicants will have the skills to develop, maintain, and manage the technology/media systems and services of the ROE. This is an 11-month position with negotiated salary and benefits.
|Qualifications: || |
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA or equivalent in Instructional Technology, Administration, Library Science, or related field is preferred.
- School or business experience in technical systems administration.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions regarding the safety and welfare of students.
- Ability to perform assigned duties and tasks with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to maintain effective public, student and co-worker relationships.
- Ability to physically move about the district buildings and grounds.
- Ability to speak, write, read and understand English.
- Ability to handle all information with confidentiality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties of this position will include the following:
- Evaluate and manage educational and administrative systems. Plan and recommend information systems design to improve the instructional and operational efficiency.
- Act as a liaison with vendors and service providers to draft contracts, implement and configure services, and troubleshoot outages.
- Contribute to the infusion of educational technology into classrooms by providing leadership in all areas of planning, professional development, and technology resource management.
- Direct the design of district networking including the Internet, LAN, WAN, file-sharing software and system software and manage services such as testing data, accounting, and personnel functions.
- To develop, maintain, manage and /troubleshoot/ technology/media systems and services of the district.
- Manage media and technology services to meet building-based needs
- Oversee and direct staff development and training.
- Provide IT support to faculty and students on devices, printing, services, networking, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with the administration, faculty, and community.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff and parents and resolves conflict in a professional manner.
- Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries.
- Performs other managerial and individual assignments as the Superintendent may direct.
|How to Apply: || |
Interested parties should send their cover letter and resume to:
1500 W. Jefferson St.
Vandalia, IL 62471
For questions or an application, call our Vandalia office at 618-283-5011.
Applicants may also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.